If you enjoy bringing the outside in, there is nothing more satisfying than gathering a few flowers from your own garden. Whether it be to pop in a vase on the kitchen table, to adorn a side board or two, or dress the dinning table for a special dinner party.
Through the summer months there will be so many beautiful flowers you can cut from your gardens to enjoy inside the home.
Flowers that work particularly well for this are:
- Nigella – A must for any cottage garden.
- Roses – Cut just a few to enjoy a pop of colour and a sweet scent in the house.
- Ammi – The cow parsley flowers make for a beautiful meadow style flower arrangement.
- Phlox – Another classic cottage garden flower, available in a wide variety of colours.
- Delphinium – A stunning addition for the garden and the house alike, their grandeur is perfect for a tall vase.
- Hydrangea – High impact with minimal effort!
- Herbs – Not just for cooking, herbs obviously having striking scent but they look stylish too. Try sage, rosemary, or our favourite, a flowering mint.
- Poppy – A delicate flower that looks beautiful in arrangements when in seed and bloom.
Although these flowers look beautiful in the garden and should be admired there, picking a few single stems on occasions allows you to enjoy the summer season when inside as well as out.